excited to share all the stories from our house and my creative endeavors! I hope this blog will inspire you to find that Creative Diva that is in all of us!

Monday, August 10, 2009

my heart is breaking!!!

Hello Blogger Friends,
A couple of weeks before I left for Leadership I received a heartbreaking email from a downline of mine back in Navarre- DIane Davis. Diane and her circie of friends are dear friends and were great customers while I lived there. Upon my depature, Diane joined my team to keep the love of CTMH going. She has shared her own trials this year but the message I received from her regarding one of my dear friends and customers broke my heart! It took me a week to process what I read and this is what she wrote:

"I have some very upsetting news I received last Wednesday. Debbie Gallon has been diognosed with stomach cancer and is given only 6-12 months to live. The doctors say that it is too far gone for them to do anything and that chemo would only give her maybe another 2 weeks. They received this news the same day as her husband's mother passed away in Michigan and the next day they both left driving up there. We have all been saying novenas and rosaries for her and are praying for a miracle. Please keep her and her family in your prayers."

Debbie is an amazing woman that always puts others before herself and from what I hear her spirit and journey continue on that path! I contacted one of the other ladies in our Church group to see what I could assist with and she wrote me back today. If you have anything you can donate I know it will be greatly appreciated. Here is Angela's email today:

"This is trully heart breaking news. Debbie and Roger are struggling with this as you can imagine. They claim they don't need anything. However, Debbie is having a garage sale this weekend so she can raise money to buy stuff for the memory boxs she wants to do for her children and grandchildren. She would never earn enough $$$ to buy the close the my heart stuff she needs. That is why I initiated this fundraiser to help with the cost. I think we have it covered but if you want to donate cutesie stuff to decorate the boxes and 9x9 according albums please send them to me. The papers she has choosen is It's a guy thing, Moon (something), Animal Crackers, Boom di ai da, unforgetable, route 66 so if you have some left over papers from these packs I'm we could use that too. We got all of the necessities but didn't get all the trimmings like ribbon, brads etc. So we could use any of that stuff.


Or if you would like to make a $$$ donation that is nice too. I am collecting all of it and will pay for what we did purchase memory boxes and voice records etc. All extra funds will be given to Debbie and Roger to cover extra expenses they are now incurring and just to do fun things together these last few months.

If you would like to any of the above will be a great help. Thank you for still caring about our community. Please send one of you home made cards for her so she knows you are hear in heart. My address
9812 Parker Lake Cir
Navarre Fl 32566


Rejoice in the Lord Always! Angela"



Tank you so much for taking the time to read this. I will be putting a box together and trying to pull some things together for them! I have never posted anything like this before but her story and the fact they are using CTMH products touch me so much!!!! Close To My Heart consultants are so giving and generous and that is one of the biggest things over the years that has touched my heart. I feel confident in posting this and Debbie's story being received with love and prayers!

Take care and God Bless,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment