excited to share all the stories from our house and my creative endeavors! I hope this blog will inspire you to find that Creative Diva that is in all of us!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Chocolate Holders....

I have been busy making 30 of these lovely Ghiradelli Chocolate Holders for my Brother's Rehearsal Dinner on the 11th of September. I cannot believe his wedding is already here- the time went so QUICKLY! The holders are very cute and simple to put together. I got the basic concept idea from our Scattered Hearts Chocolate University Day as Tina had one for each of us that morning. I thought they would make a great little keepsake for Alyssa and Sean and something fun to set at each person's spot for the Rehearsal Dinner.

I took the cute one from Chocolate U apart to figure out how to make it! So fun to make those discoveries!

First you need to cut a sheet of Cardstock 3 x 6 1/2


then you need to score that piece at 3" and 3 1/2"



Next you cut a piece of coordinating B&T paper to 6x6

hot dog fold this piece together to the middle( making the folded piece measure 6 x 2 3/4)

then glue folded side down onto the Scored 6 1/2 x 3 piece of cardstock. There is a pocket on each side.

Under the glued down sections I adhere a piece of ribbon with glue dots.
One glue dot to hold the ribbon to the cardstock and then a glue dot to hold the B&T to the ribbon- just makes it stronger.

Once it is all glued together I Score it again all put together at 3" and 3 1/2"- this helps redefine that book binding fold to keep the shape.


Then decorate the front as you like. I cut one piece of B&T to 2 1/2 x 2 1/2. Then I took a piece of Colonial White Cardstock and cut it to 1 3/4 x 1 3/4



This is a fun project and I hope you enjoy it! Makes a darling little gift! Now I am off to buy 60 chocolates to stick in these little guys! Just hope I don't eat them all before I get to Colorado!

~Jennifer :)


thanks to my daughter, Ireland, for being my photographer! :)

1 comment: