excited to share all the stories from our house and my creative endeavors! I hope this blog will inspire you to find that Creative Diva that is in all of us!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Techniques Anyone???

For convention the Scattered Hearts Team had an 9x9 Page Swap.  We were to create a layout in the 9x9 size using the You Rock Paper Collection.  We were broken into groups and made 13 layouts each.  12 of them we would swap amongst our group and the 13th was collected to give to Jeanette Lynton as a gift.

I love creating and sharing as you learn so much from others work. Plus the BONUS is I will have 12 double layouts all set and ready for me to add photos from my time at Convention- Woo-HOO!!!


I had fun using a couple of techniques to make these pages.  For the white 9x9 cardstock I took our Texture Tools and used the Black Stubble Tool to create the swirled circles.  It is really simple- just load the black stubble tool in the ink color of your choice(I used pansy purple) and then with a forceful circular motion twist the color on your paper.  SO FUN!

Next I used the Puddle Pad Technique to create the tye-died look with the stamp images.  Have you tried this yet?  I love the great tutorial we have on Art and Soul TV.  If you are not checking these episodes out you really should add them to your must see tv!  The technique training and product knowledge ROCK!  Click here to watch this great episode and then try it for yourself!  YOU WILL LOVE it- promise!

And then I had to add some shimmer and sparkle to my pages and our new Glitz Stardust Glitter Glue was PERFECT!  In just one step I simply squeezed and applied the glue where I wanted, set it aside to dry(it does take a bit) and then enjoyed the fun sparkle and embellishment it created!  Easy Peasy!





and here is some sad news....The 9x9 format offered by Close To My Heart will be retiring.  So if you are like me and LOVE scrapping in this format be sure to stock up on page protectors and albums before they are gone!  The simply snapshots will be retiring as well and are discounted so snag those while you can!  I was secretly hoping that they would announce something at Convention to replace the Simply Snapshots but they let us know that the 9x9 and 6x6 sizes are retiring.  :-(  So here is your enabler telling you- gotta get them while you can!!!  I know I will be making an order ASAP!

~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment