excited to share all the stories from our house and my creative endeavors! I hope this blog will inspire you to find that Creative Diva that is in all of us!

Friday, March 26, 2010

fun things in small packages!

Oh this basket is so darn cute and easy to make!  My friend Barb shared with me the directions from Splitcoast Stampers and I just had to try it!

I am going up to school today to celebrate Patrick's 7 birthday with his friends- SERIOUSLY how is my sweet boy 7???  His real bday is tomorrow but he insisted we make chocolate chip cookies together and handout to his friends for snack- he loves playing with that Kitchenaid mixer turning it on and off- all about the power tools that one is!  :-)

After dropping the kids off this morning I thought about making this basket as a little gift for his teacher- and of course fill it with some goodies!  The kids start Spring Break this weekend so today is the day I had to get it all pulled together! 

So here are the directions for you to make one or a dozen too!  They would be super cute to put as placecard holders on your Easter Table- great neighbor gift..oh the list goes on and on!

Here is the overview of what you are going to do:
*One 4 3/4" x 7 3/4" piece of cardstock for basket base
*One 1" x 11" piece of cardstock for basket handle
*One 1 1/2" x 15" piece of patterned paper to decorate basket base
*One 3/4" x 11" piece of patterned paper to decorate basket handle
*Scoring Tool
*Scissors
*Adhesive
*Stamps, Ink and additional cardstock to decorate the basket


Step One:
Adhere the patterned paper strip on the center of your cardstock strip. and then
Score your 4 3/4" x 7 3/4" piece of cardstock at 1 1/2" on each side.

Step Two:
Cut the cardstock at the two scored lines on either side of the long length of cardstock.
(if you like you can add two pieces of background and texture paper.  I glued one to the inside of the basket and the other to the outside of the basket.  I glued the pieces and then rescored and cut the slits- up to you....here is the paper I used


Step Four:
On the square ends that fold in to make the basket- place your adhesive and press the basket firmly together



Step Five:
 Now you can decorate your Basket!


As a side note I wanted to share with you that I used 2 stamp sets to create this tag and I actually CUT a phrase Apart!  WHAT?!?  Yes you heard me I cut the image apart!  I love to do this with our clear stamps- gives me more control and if you don't have room for a phrase lengthwise- I want to be able to stack it up!

I used one of my favorite stamp sets- Happy Birthday and that is the one I cut up.  Then I paired it with this month's Stamp of the Month- A Little Everything- another MUST HAVE item and you don't want to miss out on earning this one for FREE or discounted....March 31st is the last day you can snag this awesome set!

Hope you have fun trying out this adorable basket!  I am off to get ready to go give this sweet boy a big Happy Birthday Hug!!!!!

4 comments: