excited to share all the stories from our house and my creative endeavors! I hope this blog will inspire you to find that Creative Diva that is in all of us!

Monday, November 2, 2009

busy, busy!

WHEW!!!! What a weekend! We have been going like crazy! I love being active with the kids and having so much to do but it leaves me a little sad because I don't have that much time or energy left to craft and be creative. Oh the joys of trying to find the happy balance! :) I love that I can stay home with them and enjoy them and all the memories we make together!

My sister and her boyfriend came up for the weekend to share in Halloween with the kids! It was so much fun to have them here! We all enjoyed pumpkin carving together. The kids even made sure that Auntie and Mr. David (that would be the boyfriend) had a pumpkin to carve too! But I think the consensus was that their pumpkin was petrified or genetically altered because even my strong hubby could not cut that darn thing!!! Then it was Face Painting Wars- which was so FUNNY! Michelle started remembering how much it itched as a kid and then watching them trying to get off was hysterical! Oh the simple things!


Then Saturday morning brought FOOTBALL!!!! Patrick had his flag football game and let's just say the weather was ucky! Drizzle rain, 50 degree temps- yikes! I know I have years of this in-front of me! David and Michelle get major props for sticking it out in the ucky weather to cheer Patrick and his team on! The Bulldogs won and Patrick's team is undefeated so far this season! I am so amazed with how much they are learning and Patrick has one determined spirit! He has great ball awareness and is always trying to help his team. He loves to play defense....wonder what the future will bring! I mean seriously he is only 6! HA!

After the game it was time for Hot Cocoa and Donuts then off to warm up before we headed out for an evening of trick or treating! The rain and drizzle made a repeat performance for the nights activities which was sorta of a bummer but it really did not slow us crazy kids down! Michelle and David planned to dress up and I jumped in on the action last minute which is why my costume is oh so original! HA! But I told Josh that the AF should look at my boots- they rock! He then said they were not so practical- oh whatever! :)



Well that was our FUN Filled, high energy weekend! The kids are off today and tomorrow so we are taking it easy and they are having FUN playing! I am finishing prepping for the upcoming craft fair this coming Saturday and then hopefully things will slow down just a bit but that is this time of year! :)

~Jennifer :)

1 comment:

  1. What great memories you are creating for your family! LOVE it! Get used to sitting at cold football games. You're right. You have lots of years ahead of you. If it makes you feel any better, I would rather sit in the cold and watch my boys play ball than sit at home in a warm house alone! lol. Too bad football isn't an indoor sport unless they make it to the NFL!

    ReplyDelete