excited to share all the stories from our house and my creative endeavors! I hope this blog will inspire you to find that Creative Diva that is in all of us!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Do you?

Know how to use your camera in the Manual mode?  I will be the first to say Nope- had no clue!
I love my new camera that I received for my birthday recently and after reading all the reviews and talking with my tech savy brother(waving hi- I knew it was perfect for me.  I love all my friends SLR cameras and the great pics they take but to be honest that is WAY to BIG a camera for me to lug around.  So I wanted something with that capability but in a more compact size- so I ended up getting the Canon G11 and I have been THRILLED with it!  It has so many great modes and settings and I am just loving the pictures it takes!  BUT I have wondered about learning more.....

   So a FUN perk to my FUN job is that each year I have the ability to be "treated" to a fabulous VIP night with other CTMH ladies on the Scattered Hearts Team.  I was so EXCITED for this years VIP night because it was a DC Photo Safari at Night- woo-hoo!!!!  (thanks TINA)  We put our cameras on Manual mode, learned a lot of fun tricks and just sat taking shot after shot.  Biggest thing I learned- HAVE FUN and just keep TRYING!  It is digital, don't get a good shot, keep on going!  Our instructor was awesome- cheers to you Mr. David for handling all of us crazy paper gals- yes we can be a handful!  :-)  If you live in the area and have been thinking about pushing or testing the waters- GO FOR IT!!!  I want to take another class- anyone want to join me?!?

So here are some of my favorite shots and I can proudly say I did not use the Auto button or any of the fancy preset features- it was all Manual baby!!!


~Jennifer :-)

2 comments:

  1. JEN...these are GORGEOUS!! I would SOOOO love to take a class with you...but I'm too far away. :( I have NO CLUE how to use my Canon Rebel xt to its fullest capacity!! I want to learn more!!!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just awesome. I need to learn how to use my camera on manual mode. Your photos of the WW2 memorial are breathtaking. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete