excited to share all the stories from our house and my creative endeavors! I hope this blog will inspire you to find that Creative Diva that is in all of us!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Fun Friday Crafty Project= DIY Time!

So many of you know we recently moved and with that comes organizing and finding homes for everything!  Okay so I think I have that part pretty much under control- just wish the little people in my house would keep with the system I created!  HA!  


Next comes the FUN part- DECORATING!!!!!!  We have been having fun changing things in the house.  I have to say I am pretty lucky that my Big Guy is so willing to do some of the work I envision because without his skills I would be calling a Handy Man or the men from Lowes or Home Depot to come do it!  So my Big Guy has changed out the lightining in the master bathroom, the entry hall, the dinning room, and installed 3 ceiling fans so far and a light for my office or I should say our joint custody office.  :-)  While he has been doing that on the weekends I have had fun hanging pictures, arranging furniture and putting my spin on the house.


   So where does the DIY part come from....well we had 2 chairs my Mother in Law gave us 4 years ago and they were in need of some tlc- wish I had a before picture.  The paint was chipping off and rust was starting to form.  So I sanded them down, then put a rust primer on them, and then next layered on the new Almond color.  I think they turned out pretty good and look nice on our new enclosed patio.  :-)


Once in awhile my hubby gets involved in the decorating which can be challenging sometimes!  HA!  No seriously he has a good eye but when he decides to go the Sport Route leads me a bit crazy.  He has this Packer Thermoter that we got when we went to Lambeau Filed last summer and he has been waiting to hang it somewhere......yep he found a home for it!  We needed new cushions for our patio set as the other ones were pretty worn out after 6+years.  So I needed to find something that could coordinate with the proud Green and Gold but take it up a level of sophistication if you get my drift!  And thankfully I found these pillows- LOVE THEM!  Then I found some simply Khaki seat cushions and we are good!








     Now onto my new DIY project that will begin this weekend! 


 Our Kitchen table!  Okay when you are military and move as much as we do pieces of furniture need to be transitional.  This was our Kitchen table back in Navarre, Fl four years ago but when moved into our townhouse we did not have room for this and our dinning room set.  So this table became a night stand in our bedroom.  Yep- how crazy is that?!?  Our bedroom was that big that the table could be a nightstand.  The 4 chairs that went with it I had no need for and they were in pretty bad shape so we donated them.  Fast forward to here....we have room for the table but I needed chairs 




and I want to paint the table black to go with the house.  I found 4 chairs at Home Goods- love that store.  They have a weathered gray finish on them and I think they will look really sharp with the table when it is black.  So that is my new DIY project- to paint my table black.  And the big Guy will be putting in a new lighting fixture too this weekend.  





So stay tuned.....I am excited for the results!!!!


Happy Fun Crafty Friday!


~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment