excited to share all the stories from our house and my creative endeavors! I hope this blog will inspire you to find that Creative Diva that is in all of us!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

ORGANIZE!!!!

So if you really know me you know that I cannot, I mean absolutely cannot, handle clutter and an unorganized house!!!! This time of year and before each kiddos birthday gets me in a mood to organize, pair down, and make room for new! And if you really know me then you know I am not 100% happy in this townhouse but I am making the most of it because deep down I know we will not be here forever! So you gotta make what you have work and every place that you are stationed at is what you make of it- heard this from a very wise Daddy of mine!!!

During Thanksgiving break, I had a night where I could not sleep well. Not sure if it was the cold medicine or my head so congested that sleeping did not make any sense- at any rate I laid there for hours trying to sleep and I had a VISION! It was a vision with an answer for my basement that has caused me such fits because there just didn't seem enough room for the kids and me- it is a very small townhouse basement. So I woke up with a plan and very excited to put my plan into work but the biggest obstacle to this plan was having Josh on board because I needed his help. Um I mean his muscles! :) LOL! Thankfully he was on board to try it and give it a whirl.

and here is the scrapbooker, memory keeper in me that WISHES I had a photo of what that space looked like before because it would give you a HUGE appreciation of how fabulous it looks now!!!! So with some pieces moved, a new shelf and some tweeking....I finally have a space that is starting to be a long the lines of what will work for me and the kids!

And my biggest goal was to give the kids more space as space is a premium here and we had SUCCESS!!!! (so now fingers crossed that we can extend our lease here for 2 more years since we think we will be here that much longer....)

Here is my Space....




And here is my own personal way I store my paper- I have fallen in love with VERTICAL STORAGE(by Cropper Hopper)! IT ROCKS! I have tried the towers with the clear plastic storage bins but I just don't know what is in there and after starting to switch to Vertical...I will tell you I can fit more this way and have a better understanding of what I have to work with! So here is what I do-

All Cardstock gets put in a Holder organized by Color. Then my Background and Texture Papers go into a Vertical Storage Holder that has dividers- oh this rocks! So take Perfect Day Level 2 Paper Collection for instance- I take out all the Cardstock and put it where it belongs. Then I take the remaining Background and Texture Paper and put it in its own Divided Section. LOVE IT! I am slowly (gotta work in the budget) working over to this system 100%.


So there is a little insight into my crazy world and how OCD I can really be! :) I am thinking this will be a MAJOR help to my loss of artisitc and creative drive! Now if I didn't have a "To-Do" List a MILE LONG!!! My next goal is a personal assistant- not holding my breath but that would be the ULTIMATE! :)

Happy December Friends!
~Jennifer :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Wow, you have a whole new "space" downstairs-I can see your creative flair will come right back with your new outlook on your space. :) I am soooo the same way-clutter=irritation and frustration and non productiveness for me.....way to go Jennifer. Looking forward to getting together over the holidays~ Hugs! A :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on organizing. You are an overachiever!!!! Love your new blog background too! You got it going on GF!

    ReplyDelete