excited to share all the stories from our house and my creative endeavors! I hope this blog will inspire you to find that Creative Diva that is in all of us!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's coming together....

Okay my last post was of my craft space/office that needed to be unpacked, organized and somehow put together!  HUGE task!  Let me first give you a little back story......

House hunting back in April was quite the process.  You start off with a list of wants, needs, desires...you all have been there you know the drill.  Soon the list and my expectations needed to shift a little.  No pool in the backyard- okay, no huge bonus room for the kiddos/me- okay BUT need to figure out a plan to balance everyone's needs and make the new house work.  So over the course a few months I needed to convince my loving/amazing hubby that the office needed to be MINE!  Of course that took some serious negotiating and at times me being a brat saying "Well- you got your 3 car garage I can put all your plaques and accolades in there!"  I think over time he started to get it and realized...he goes to work everyday...would he really use the office?!?  Once we moved in I started laying the ground work slowly but surely and he came over to my side!  BUT there was a custody agreement- his beloved pictures and memorabilia from each assignment needed a home......

So one half is his side and the other is all mine!  And the other part of the story was that I was initially afraid that my Beloved PotteryBarn Craft Table/Desk would not fit.  In fact I sorta tried to sell before we left Virginia.  Thankfully Josh told me one night not to sell it and that we could make it work....see I already was winning and I didn't even know it!  HA!

I am pretty much all set up and out of the 3 homes that I have had since having my own designated space.....I have to say this is my FAVORITE!!!!  And I LOVE, LOve, LOVE our new home and really hope we can be here for awhile!!!

So here are some pics of my Space put together...I know over time I was tweak and ADD to it but I am really happy with the progress.  Plus I actually made some cards yesterday!!!!





Creatively Yours,
Jennifer  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment